.. RoK Marine Corp and the New World Order 이것은 모사이트(한국 2번째의 군사전문 사이트)에서 가져온것입니다 여러분 생각은 어떠신지 .. 궁금해서요.. 이 글을 읽고 느낌을 말해주시면 감사하겠습니다 어떤 미국분이 올리신글입니다(상당히 권위있는 분입니다) Republic of Korea Marine Corp and New World Order ? The New World Peace Enforcer 한국의 해병대와 새로운 세계 질서 - 새로운 세계평화 유지군 ː--------------------------------------------------------------------- ːI have written about RoK Navy and its near future capability, as well as what the US Navy and the world expect from RoK Navy. I would like to thank all those writers who contributed their thoughts and ideas….translations, too. . =나는 미국 해군과 전 세계가 한국 해군에게 무엇을 기대하고 있으며 한국 해군은 가까운 장래에 어떤 능력을 갖출 지에 관해 글을 쓴 바 있습니다. 여러가지 생각과 아이디어를 발표해주신 분들과 번역을 해주신 분들께 감사드립니다. ːThis letter [RoK Marine Corp] is the continuation of the previous RoK Navy letter. As it was before, this letter is also based on what I have heard from the US Marines. Historically, since the birth of RoK Marines, both the US and RoK Marines have continued very strong bond, as the world #1 and #2 Marines. =한국 해병대에 관한 이 편지는 한국 해군에 대한 지난 번 편지의 속편입니다. 지난 번과 마찬가지로 이 글 또한 미국 해병대로부터 들은 것을 기초로 작성하였습니다. 한국 해병대의 창설 이래 역사적으로 미국 해병대와 한국 해병대는 세계 1,2위의 해병대로서 매우 강력한 유대를 맺고 있습니다. RoK Marine Corp is the second most capable Marine Corp in the world. 한국해병은 세계에서 두번째로 능력있는 해병입니다. =한국 해병대의 실력은 세계 제 2위입니다. ːMost Koreans significantly underestimate capabilities of Korean military forces. Of four branches ( Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corp), RoK Marine Corp is the least recognized branch among Koreans; however, it is the best recognized and, possibly, most respected branch outside Korea. =한국 사람들은 한국군의 실력을 상당히 낮추어 봅니다. 특히 육,해,공군,해병대중 해병대의 실력을 알아주지 않습니다. 하지만 한국을 벗어난 외국에서는 한국 해병대의 실력을 잘 알고 있으며 한국의 군대중 가장 훌륭하다고 존경합니다. ːAmong the US Marines, there is a rather joke-like statement regarding RoK Marines. It is, “The US Air Force uses 50,000 missile to destroy 50 tent….If there ever is a war in Korea (between the North and South) South Korea will use its Marines as light mechanized divisions.” This means that, RoK Marines are too good to use against North Korean Army. =미국 해병대에는 한국 해병대와 관련한 뼈있는 농담이 있습니다. “미국 공군은 50불짜리 막사를 파괴하기 위해 50,000불짜리 미사일을 발사한다(도대체 정신이 있는 놈이야?)… 만일 남한과 북한 사이에 전쟁이 발발하면 남한은 북한의 육군을 공격하는데 경무장 기계화 사단 대신 해병대를 사용할 것이다.” 이 말은 한국 해병대를 북한 육군을 공격하는데 사용하는 것은 너무나 아깝다는 뜻입니다. ːUnlike most foreign military forces (from the US’ view), RoK Marines made a very strong impresions on most US marines hearts. The US military forces like to work with strong counter parts. You already know examples. =미국의 관점에서 볼 때 외국의 군대는 늘 별 볼일 없지만 한국 해병대만은 예외적으로 미국 해병대의 마음 속에 깊은 감동을 주었습니다. 미국군은 강력한 우군과 작전하기를 좋아합니다. 여러분들도 그 예를 많이 알고 계실 것 입니다.. ːIn Korea, although the Army is the biggest in numbers (both personnel and equipment), RoK Army does not have the same kind of reputation that RoK Marines have. RoK Air Force is also only a small “Junior Partner” for the USAF. =한국군 중에는 육군이 병사와 장비면에서 규모가 가장 크지만 한국 육군은 한국 해병대가 누리는 명성이 없습니다. 또 한국 공군은 미국 공군이 볼 때 작은 파트너일 뿐입니다. And I believe that most readers already know why. RoK Navy is getting stronger. But, already strong and capable RoK Marines are getting stronger even faster. This is the main reason that the US likes RoK Marines. =그 이유는 여러 분 모두가 잘 알고 있다고 믿습니다. 한국의 해군은 성장하고 있습니다. 하지만 이미 강력하고 유능한 한국의 해병대는 더욱 더 빨리 성장하고 있습니다. 이 점이 미국 해병대가 한국 해병대를 좋아하는 이유입니다. ːBesides from the political relationships, there is a strong inter-personal relationship that exists between the US and RoK Marines. Both share the same stubbornness (Go Jeep). =정치적인 관계 뿐만 아니라 미국 해병대와 한국 해병대는 인간적으로도 강력한 유대를 맺고 있습니다. 둘 다 매우 고집이 셉니다. ːMany US Marines are proud that they “survived the island tour” in South Korea. Let me explain what I have heard (I know Korean Marines can explain this so much better than I can.). I think it is regarding those small islands around NLL(Baek Young Do? Duk Juk Do?). =미국 해병 대원들은 ‘한국도서작전임무’를 완수한 것을 매우 자랑합니다. 내가 들은 대로 말씀드리겠습니다.(한국 해병대원들이 저보다 훨씬 잘 설명할 것입니다.) 나는 그 섬이 북방한계선 부근의 백령도나 덕적도 일대일 것으로 생각합니다. Some selected (yes, only the selected from the volunteers) US Marines get to spend about a month with RoK Marines on (and in) an island very near North Korea. =미국 해병대원중 선발된 자(그렇습니다. 정말 지원자중에서 선발합니다.)만 북한과 매우 가까운 그 섬에서 한국 해병대원들과 한 달간 작전을 합니다. During that month, Korean Marines feed(provide) US Marines only with “So Ju & Hwe (uncooked fish)”. When that US Marine returns to his home base, he gets automatic respect from fellow US Marines. =그 한 달 동안 한국 해병대원들은 미국 해병대원들에게 “소주와 회(요리하지 않은 물고기)”만 줍니다. 미국 해병대원이 복귀하면 동료 부대원들로부터 어려운 임무를 완수하였으므로 당연히 존경을 받게 됩니다. The Korean Island Tours are(were) famous. But this type of tradition and inter-personal relationship created that type strong bond --- the mutual respect for the other’s Go-Jeep. I guess it is something only the Marines (RoK and the US) would understand and laugh about. =한국도서작전임무는 정말 알아줍니다. 그러나 이런 전통과 인간관계가 매우 강력한 유대를 형성합니다. R11; 서로 상대방의 고집을 존중하게 됩니다. 나는 한국 해병대원과 미국 해병대원들 만이 이를 이해하며 멋지게 웃어 넘기리라고 봅니다. ː[ Hwa Lahng’s personal opinion on this “So Ju & Hwe” --- I believe that some Korean Marines played a joke (Jahng Nahn) on American Marines, but that Jahng-Nahn continued as a “tradition”.] =(화랑의 “소주와 회”에 대한 개인 의견 R11; 나는 한국 해병대원들이 미국 해병대원에게 장난친 것 이라고 생각합니다. 그러나 이런 장난도 “전통”입니다. ) ːMarines understand fellow Marines. And for the US Marines, there is no other fellow Marines like RoK Marines who are known as the “Hard Core Marines”. =해병 대원 만이 친구가 될 만한 해병 대원을 알아봅니다. 그리고 미국 해병대원들에게는 ‘진짜 독종 해병’ 이라고 알려진 한국 해병대 만한 친구가 없습니다. ːRoK Marines have something that no other Marines have nor will have in the future…Hard Core Tradition. =한국 해병대에는 다른 해병대가 얻지 못했고 앞으로도 갖지 못할 그 무엇이 있습니다. R11;진짜 독종이라는 전통. Although RoK Marine Corp’s history is among the shortest in the world Marine history, Korean Marines have established themselves as “Hard Core and Formidable Force”. No other modern military forces can train their men the way RoK Marines have done for the last 50 some years. =한국 해병대의 역사는 세계 해병대의 역사에서 볼 때 매우 짧은 축입니다. 하지만 한국해병대는 ‘진짜 독종이며 강력한 군대”라는 전통을 세웠습니다. 지난 50년간 한국 해병대가 이룩한 바에 필적할 군대를 키워낸 나라는 없습니다. In addition, due to exponential growth in RoK Naval Forces and Korean economy, RoK Marines are about to make a quantum jump in its capability. Namely due to large Landing Assault ships that are being built in Korea. =게다가 한국 해군력과 경제력이 비약적으로 성장하면서 지금 건조중인 대형 상륙공격함정을 감안할 때 바로 이 순간이 한국 해병대의 능력이 한 차원 높아지는 시점입니다. ːOther than the US Marines, who else have large Landing Assault Ships? There are a few. Now, who else also have capable Marines to go with the ships? RoK Marines. =미국 해병대를 빼면 대형 상륙 공격 함정을 보유한 나라는 거의 없습니다. 그러면 그런 함정과 해병대를 보유할 나라는? 한국 해병대 뿐입니다. ːIn the Projection of National Power, Naval force is needed. In order to sustain that power, Marine Corp is a “must”. Other than the US, Korea is the only other nation that will have both Ships and a large number of the Marines. =국력을 과시하려면 해군력은 필수입니다. 그러한 해군력에는 해병대가 필수입니다. 미국 해병대를 제외한다면 함정과 대규모 해병대를 유지할 수 있는 나라는 한국뿐입니다. ːAs we all know, the great powers come with even greater responsibilities. In a smaller picture, RoK Marines have responsibilities in defending Korea and Koreans. =우리 모두 알다시피, 강력한 힘에는 보다큰 책임이 뒤따릅니다. 우선 한국 해병대는 한국과 한국 국민을 보호해야 합니다. In a bigger picture, they have even greater responsibilities in defending human lives all over the world that is in need of your help. =더 크게 보면 한국 해병대에게는 도움을 바라는 전 세계의 인류를 보호하는 보다 큰 임무가 있습니다. I do not believe that RoK Marines will be going around the world like the US Marines next year or the next. However, I do firmly believe that Korean Marines will do exactly that someday soon…maybe after the reunification of Koreas. =나는 내년 혹은 내후년에 한국 해병대가 미국 해병대처럼 전 세계에 진출하리라고 생각하지는 않습니다. 하지만 한국 해병대가 그와 같은 임무를 수행하는 날이 곧 오리라고 굳게 믿고 있습니다. … 아마도 남북이 통일된 다음이겠지만. ːKorea’s power does not come from static group of military forces who maintain equipment within Korea’s national boundary. Korea’s formidable might will come from dynamic RoK Marines who will contribute their expertise in pursuit of world peace and justice. =강력한 대한민국은 한국군이 한국 영토에 안주해 있을 경우 발휘되는 것이 아닙니다. 막강한 한국 해병대가 그들의 능력으로 세계 평화와 정의에 이바지 할 때 대한민국의 역량이 발휘되는 것입니다. ːThat day is coming. =그 날이 지금 오고 있습니다. ːRoK Marine Corp is tip of spear that represents the rebirth of olden korean military glory. =한국 해병대는 그 옛날 찬란한 한국군의 전통을 되살리는 선봉 부대입니다. ːThank you for reading my long letter. =긴 글을 읽어주셔서 감사합니다.